Thursday, April 7, 2011

"The Revolution Will Be Televised" - a webcomic about the Egyptian Revolution

The fact that my image is a picture of me in a Galactus hat, and my LibGuides icon is a drawing of me by web comic creator Jeph Jacques  should give you the clue that I like comics; also my not-quite-relentless flogging of my current exhibit, Comic Society: Reflections, in the WSU Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives & Special Collections (Go see it if you haven't yet! Take a friend! Take your Mom!). My friend Karen Green (Columbia University's medieval studies and comics librarian extraordinare) alerted me to this via her Twitter feed - this comic is by an American graduate student and his cartoonist friend who were in Egypt earlier this year during the demonstrations/revolution. It's an ongoing project - as of now there are seven pages, but the story is barely beginning...
http://www.act-i-vate.com/126-1-1.comic

No comments:

Post a Comment